Sidecar Driver Training
The three hour program is based on intensive driving exercises performed in an off road situation. After one and a half hours we take a pleasant smoko break and then resume for a further one and a half hours.
Our hands on training includes:-
- Steering practice around marker cones to familiarise with direct steering as opposed to indirect steering used on all two wheeled bikes.
- Explanation of the handling dynamics to understand its behaviour relative to driving it.
- Advanced cornering practice on off camber situations
- Braking and sidecar reversing (there is more to it than you think)
- Learning to “fly the sidecar”
- Sidecar setup and maintenance – a guide to keeping your sidecar motorcycle fit and healthy.
- Ongoing discussion about sidecar design, driving and fun.
Booking is essential. Individuals or small groups can be catered for. Weekday training preferred.
All riders must wear helmet, jeans and boots as a minimum. They must hold a current rider licence.
All participants must read and sign a legal indemnity document before commencing training.
We require a credit card approval for $6,000 from the rider for the motorcycle used in the training. This will only be used in the event of them causing damage to the motorcycle, and it represents the maximum liability they would be liable for.
The training will be all done on our farm.
Our training will be to familiarise participants with sidecar driving in a controlled environment. Participants should expect that safe driving skills will still require approximately 10 hours further driving to reach full proficiency.
Accommodation bookings can be available on our farm using “The Huts.com.au”. The towns of Uralla and Walcha are less that 30 minutes away and have various accommodation and food outlets.